Wednesday, February 24, 2010

*Gasp* Rejected!

This will just be a short note, I promise! I just wanted to share with all of you that I received a Query response from a literary agency I submitted to 231 days ago. Apparently I was caught in their spam filter even though I had "Query Letter" in the subject line and had followed all the submission guidelines.

Unfortunate for me it was a polite rejection, but at the same time, who wants to work with an agency that takes that long to respond to a simple letter. Yes I know they are super busy and loaded down with billions of queries. But lets face it, after 200 odd days, I kind of assumed it was a rejection.

Like going on a date and them telling you they will call you tomorrow and then you run into them six months later and their all like "Hey! So good to see you, but no, I'm totally not interested in a relationship." Surprise, surprise.

2 comments:

Charity Gosling said...

Heh heh. Shannon, I know it's not funny but your posts sometimes make me laugh. We work so freaking hard to make a query letter perfect, spend all this time researching the agent... and they're like oops! Sorry wrong email, oops! sorry that went to our junk mail box... sometimes the result is so tragic its funny.

Shannon said...

Please do laugh! This journey of getting published is stressful enough, why not enjoy it here and there. I certainly laughed when I found the query response :)