Saturday, May 29, 2010

Next Step

So today I received the second agents response and it was "No thanks, great premise, would be great in the market but just not for me." Huh?

Yes, I know it's probably a form response, sure looked like it anyway. What does all this mean? For starters, back to the beginning. I've contacted a gal who was recommended to me by the editor from Tor to see if she'll give my book a read through without getting too deep into editing as I've already paid a bundle for that. But a second opinion on the marketability of the ms would be great.

And then I'm off hunting agents, wascally things that they are. This one is harder than it sounds as I think I will re-work my query and synopsis first, then start lining them up. Much as I'd love to meet them all face to face and pitch them in person, that's just not viable with the costs of conferences and such.

After the last post you must be wondering about my mental state. No doubt here, just as my writing friend Charity put it, Perseverance.

1 comment:

Tanya said...

one day you will find someone that will fly out of their seat to sell your books, i just hope its one day soon :P