Saturday, June 05, 2010

Again, Again!

This week is going to be a full week of writing, something I'm VERY excited about! What I'm even more excited about though is, I won't be working on my new novel (as yet Untitled), but I will be doing revisions on Gluttony.

Yes, you read that right, I'm excited about revisions!

I've had a couple of people read the ms and have given me pretty much the same feedback. Feedback that after writing all the suggestions down and mulling them over for the last week, I can see the huge benefits of redoing some of the work. Okay, it looks like I'm going to be adding a fair bit to the ms, I can see another 20k words going into it. But that's okay, I really am excited.

Not really what I expected at this point in the process, but these revisions will add to the depth and character of the story and, hopefully, make it just that much easier to flog, um, I mean sell, to agents and editors.

So keep up the good work, all those who read my blog, ms, twitter me and facebook me. I couldn't walk this very long road without all of you, cheering me on from the sidelines. And for those of you on the same road as me, thanks for keeping pace.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

lol thanks Shannon, now get writing before we all come after you and flog...Opps i mean "encourage" you to get writing :P

Charity Gosling said...

Yea! Write, write, write! I'm very excited to see what you come up with, I know it will be awesome. :)