Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The First Deadline

My first deadline with my wonderful agent is the beginning of September to have my synopsis and first three chapters of my sequel to The Chronicles of Sin:Gluttony finished and handed sent to her.

I've never had this kind of a deadine with my creative writing before. Articles, yes, in my head don't have to really keep them deadlines, yes. But real, honest to goodness, someone is depending on me to keep my butt going with my writing deadline? Nope, this is the first. I think the panic was good. It motivated me more than anything else could have. No bribery, teasers or torture could have made me type any faster or more frequently.

I think my plot is solid for book # 2. The likelihood is that it will change and evolve as I edit and add depth to the scenes and characters. I say this, because I feel like I need a disclaimer for what I hand in to my agent.

"This is good, but it'll be better in a month when I've had more time to tweak it."

I'm sure she knows that, but I still want to impress her. I still want her to think she's found a gem and not a rough dirty rock that got polished up for one weekend conference.

It's all in the hands of the Internet gods now, as I just emailed my agent the synopsis and first three chapters of book # 2. At the very least, she should be impressed with the fact that I beat my first deadline by two weeks. I hope.

3 comments:

Anthony L. Isom said...

Congrats! You're awesome and a total inspiration! Keep up the good work, and good luck to you and your agent on selling!! Can't wait to see the book in stores. :-)

Tanya said...

all will come in good time, and grats for beating your deadline!

Sharon Lynn Fisher said...

Yay, I'm sure she'll love it!